Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Challenge 4 is up...and controversial

Challenge #4 is to create 2 ATCs (Artist Trading Cards), one about something you love, and one about something your partner loves. Now I've heard of ATCs but I've never really looked into what they are, so I had to search the ATC Gallery at Digitals to even find out what they should look like. Some were very artistic with no photos at all, some were all journaling, some looked just like a mini layout.

Then I started reading some of the posts regarding the challenge and boy were some people upset about it. I however, took the open ended "there are no element, journaling, or photo requirements" to mean make an artistic LO in the specified size (2.5 by 3.5 inches), which I much prefer to "make a LO using exactly 5 of this, this and this".

To add to the fun of this challenge, this is the exact size of the name-badge mini-album I have been contemplating for my Mother's Day gifts (Mom and Marie, if you are reading this, just pretend to be surprised when you get the gift...oh wait, the fact that you get a gift at all from me will be surprising so you won't really need to pretend, now will you?)

So, I am extremely excited about this challenge. Now to get the LO to look like the image I have in my mind...that's the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment